Put my pencil to paper, but don't forget the eraser...
I'm not an educated poet, but I find working through the writing process theraputic. The Thesaurus is my soulmate and the Eraser, my best friend. I hope you enjoy my "thoughts".

Monday, February 28, 2011

Remember Me

When life has used this vessel
to carry me into my final days
Forget not who I was and
how much I wanted to stay

When the lines on my face distract you
and my hair has turned white
Remember how I chased away the demons
haunting you at night

When my flesh is sagging from my bones
and I can barely hear
Remember that I cradled you in my arms
and sang softly in your ear

When my body aches and my cautious gait
has begun to slow your pace
Remember that I love you more
with every breath I struggle to take

When I am lost within myself and
you are unable to talk with me
Remember how I stroked your hair
as you sat upon my knee

When you convince yourself that it
is inhumane to exist the way I do
Remember when I held your hand
and taught you how to tie your shoes

When you're finally tired and angry
from supplying my every need
Remember that this is not how
I wanted it to be

Someday peace will come
and the Lord will take me home
All I ask is that you remember me
when to a better place I've gone

1 comment:

  1. WOW! They are all beautiful but this one was my favorite. Brought tears to my eyes. Love ya

    ReplyDelete