Put my pencil to paper, but don't forget the eraser...
I'm not an educated poet, but I find working through the writing process theraputic. The Thesaurus is my soulmate and the Eraser, my best friend. I hope you enjoy my "thoughts".

Monday, February 28, 2011

Need

You needed a friend that would listen as your life fell apart
I gave you my ear

You needed sympathy and compassion as she abandoned you without looking back
I gave you my hand

You needed to grieve for the future you wouldn't have
I gave you my shoulder

You needed to feel alive and sure of yourself
I gave you my body

You needed a companion to pass the nights
I gave you my bed

You needed time as you tried to get your legs under you again
I gave you space

You needed to keep secrets as you explored your new world
I gave you my word

You needed someone at your beckon call
I gave you my dignity

You needed to think about things
I gave you my tears

You needed to move on
I gave you freedom

Somewhere during all of this, I gave you my heart
Sadly, it was the one thing you never needed

No comments:

Post a Comment