Put my pencil to paper, but don't forget the eraser...
I'm not an educated poet, but I find working through the writing process theraputic. The Thesaurus is my soulmate and the Eraser, my best friend. I hope you enjoy my "thoughts".

Monday, February 28, 2011

"Paved Paradise"

It's been a long time since I paved paradise
My blissfully intoxicating ignorance of youth has left me
The needs far surpass the wants
Everyday life is a bittersweet gift now
I am grateful for the job I once tollerated
The future is no longer a dream
It is inconsequential
The here and now must be dealt with before I entertain what might be
Is it considered theft when you steal from yourself?
Careless, Selfish and Greedy are calling in the note
The wick is gone and I'm standing in the ashes
Obligation and necessity have entered an epic battle
With a sling shot and stone, I fight the beast
But when it's over will there be anything left to salvage?
Does it ever end?
Or is the pavement so thick that trees will never grow again?
Even still...I hold out hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment